Where to Eat in the Highlands
Denver Highlands, Sunny Side, LoHi, North Side, whatever you like to call it, we call it home. Throughout the last few years, the Highlands has become the hottest up and coming neighborhood in the Denver Metro Area. With new apartments, restaurants, boutiques, and businesses popping up every day, this area is always changing and evolving, creating an incredibly diversified location to not only play but live. We are lucky enough to be a part of this amazing community and would like to offer some of our personal favorites around the area, whether you’re looking for a great weekend activity, date night locations, where to live, or even shop, this 4 part series will be the answer to all of your Denver Highlands needs!
With so many new restaurants in the area, whatever your heart desires is within walking distance. From deli’s to fine dining, your cravings are sure to be satisfied in the beautiful Highlands setting.
- Masterpiece Deli– 1575 Central St. (303)561-3354- A bright, modern, counter service deli with classic sandwiches and salads with a unique twist.
- Uber Eats– 1535 Central St. (303)433-4575- Classic sausage sandwiches, served in a laid back eatery decorated with rustic wooden tables.
- Jay’s Patio Café– 2563 15th Street #105 (303)455-9275- Only open on the weekdays, this café serves gourmet sandwiches, paninis and breakfast options.
- My Brother’s Bar– 2375 15th Street (303)455-9991- Serving one of the best burgers in Denver, their JCB is a must try alongside your favorite beer in a warm, inviting space.
- House of Commons– 2401 15th Street (303)455-4832- An English style café serving tea with finger sandwiches, and pastries; the chocolate truffles are to die for; in a quaint, homey atmosphere.
Sit Down or Date Night
- Ale House– 2501 16th St. (303)433-9734- Sit on their roof top patio while enjoying one of the 40 beers on tap, along with one of their amazing entrees.
- Sushi Sasa– 2401 15th St. (303)433-7272- Modern, Japanese eatery serving some of the best sushi in Denver. Sit in Jesus’s Corner for an experience customized to each individual.
- Linger– 2030 W. 30th Ave. (303)993-3120- Small plates served in this old mortuary turned lively hotspot including a rooftop patio with views of the cityscape.
- Colt & Grey– 1553 Platte St. (303)477-1447- Local focused fare incorporated with New American dishes served in a sleek, yet rustic eatery.
- Truffle Table– 2556 15th St. (303)455-9463- Tapas, fine cheeses, and charcuterie paired with wine flights in this quaint bar.
- Solitaire– 3927 W. 32nd Ave. (303)477-4732- 2 years in the making, this highland square hot spot is finally open. Chef/Owner Mark Ferguson, creates new menu items daily, so they are serving up variety in a new, unique way.
- El Camino– 3628 W. 32nd Ave. (720)889-7946- Mexican fare served in an artsy ambience with local artist’s work rotating, and for sale, on the walls.
- Little Man Ice Cream– 2620 16th St. (303)455-3811- A Lohi staple, this milk jug shaped shop serves unique, homemade ice cream year round. Having a late night sweets craving? They stay open until midnight to take care of that for you!
- Ziggy’s– 1553 Platte St. #105 (303)495-5676- Self serve frozen yogurt with a variety of flavors and toppings.
- Sweet Cow– 3475 W. 32nd Ave. (303)477-3269- 20+ flavors of locally sourced, homemade ice cream served in a retro industrial parlor.
No matter what you are craving, it is sure to be satisfied at one of these amazing restaurants. Here at Ergun Tercan European Salon, we are incredibly fortunate to have so many diverse options to tickle our taste buds, and we hope that you enjoy them too! Please stay tuned for Part 2 of our series to discover some of our favorite places to shop in the neighborhood!